Monday, October 03, 2011

TAKING NOTES.

I try never to underestimate this. The mind plays these crazy tricks on you sometimes. One remembers up until they have to remember something else, and then after they've learned that something else, they get distracted into learning about that something else as well that other piece of information that accompanies that. As so on and so forth.

Information overload? All the time.

.....Yeah. I just try to take quicky notes. And organize them so that I can have a fast reference. Just in case of memory overload. Computers AND human beings suffer from this both with age and overzealous applications.

I was considering posting some quick notes, but I'm still organizing them so that they are presentable and as to-the-point as possible for the frustrated novice. Zbrush is understandable, but intense to say the least.

And to push my promise into tomorrow, I'm still fighting through deforming pre-built meshes and trying to move these pieces into place to create a one whole distinct spaceship model. Tomorrow I present my masterpiece and reveal the long way I have to go with learning, proudly and humbly.

My Biggest Tip:

-What the flop?! Why can't you just delete?!
*Gotta delete the layer, because you can't under a transformation. SO MAKE LAYERS to separate what's already complete to avoid messing up the rest of your work.
*CNTL+N will clear the entire layer. (This is the closest thing to deleting that I found so far)

As far as my mentors... It's difficult to narrow it down, because I see so much good work out there. It's overwhelming, really.

There are a couple that I don't even have to research to shout out. Three awesome individuals of which I got to attend college with, Mashru Mishu, Han-Chin Lee, and Thomas Chun, and one of which I gratefully had the privilege of having as my instructor, Danny Williams. These guys are the biggest mentors. As they are great at what they do!

I've once again revisited Zbrush Central and am excited to be back and hopefully to become an active member of the group. In closing, I believe that you can never take too many notes and that you can never have too many mentors.

No comments: