Friday, September 30, 2011

"BABY STEPS"

So the design of Jabba is complete and approved, and I suddenly find myself restless for more. It just feels as if expressing myself isn't enough sometimes. Sometimes, when the timing of life seems unbalanced, it feels as if it holds, boils, then simmers down to the strongest remaining ingredients, and I find the urge to prove myself to myself.

Like a long distance runner that finds that simple reasoning to not stop before their intended distance. They just can't. They won't. It's the trek that they look back on and gloat, most understandably, because they say that it is the journey and not the destination that it the most important remnant of one's successes. It's not what others see, but rather a checklist of what goals you can achieve that brings satisfaction and comfort.

I was happy was the result of Jabba. And thankfully so was my client.



I timed myself so that I had an idea of how long I took in respect to if I should ever dive into more designing. Time optimization and the output of presentable work is most key, when it comes to getting business. Hopefully more is to come.

Which brings me to where I am now.

Free. To do whatever I wish.
It's been liberation, ironically, that stagnates me the most.

So, on a break from uploading the remaining contents of my site, I'm on Zbrush (again), in the midst of typing reference notes and working through my first lesson of "Introducing Zbrush" by Eric Keller. My background looks like one of a fourth grader. It's really humbling, as I try to keep my end results in mind, and I shake my head to keep focus-- as I know that I will only achieve my desired prowess with tightly reigned patience.

Tomorrow I will begin to find Zbrush artists that I mentor and start my study of styles and researching of approaches. And tomorrow I will post my completed lesson from chapter 3, even if the progess is amateur. And tomorrow I will finish chapter 3, and get into chapter four.

As I quote from the great comedy, "What about Bob", which knocks boots to considerations of both crazed and sane, it holds ridiculous in its delivered content but is quite true to life: "Baby Steps."

Eventually, I will return to load up the rest of my work to the site and continue to output more traditional drawings as I learn a foreign and necessary program for my future, but for now-- the fundamentals of me and my current interests are out there for the world to critique.

Chapter 3's lesson (four grade appearance and all) = tomorrow. I'll do my very best to make it look as good as possible, but learning shouldn't be too neat. I'll also include some quick notes that can be referenced of awkwardness that I found in emerging from other 3D programs. Some might want to keep attuned to these quick references and hold them close at hand for those short term memory lapses. I know that why I take notes! Plus, short notes is always great when your a multi-tasker and your dabbling is not always consistent or daily as you'd like. There IS a lot to absorb, obvious enough...

Everyday I try to read them over, even if I can't "get with the program".

No comments: