Thursday, September 08, 2011

Different Avenues, One focus.

Well, it's official. My 1TB external drive is non-recoverable. The data was inside is now lost and gone forever. I'm gathering up my collection of computer "stuff" from each working computer that I own and backing everything up (yet again) on (yet another) new drive.

On a positive note, I am still on my daily drawing kick. Nibbler is now complete and has received a bunch of thumbs up on my facebook page, which has always been nice and rewarding feeling for me since I don't actively work on my art around people too much:



If anyone out there wants to find me on Facebook, I'm always looking for new friendships and new contacts. I can be found under Lisa Marie Erickson (New York) and will be most happy to add you.

On other topics, I've created a to do list which I'm slowing checking off: Some of which are my own projects that had been placed on the back-burner and some of which are for others. Either way, it's a lengthy list and helps give me that extra push toward yet another challenge.

Tomorrow, it is on to start drawing Jaba, the African Bull Frog, which, based on how this sketch turns out, may become the ignition to designing more reptile cartoons.

Of all the facets of art, I always loved cartooning and character design the most. So, this really excites me.

For now, my website has kept me busy this week. Today I worked own customizing the design by making a mini sitemap at the bottom of the work page in case a viewer wanted to see something very specific easily, instead of rummaging through categories along the top navbar. My goal is to make my site as condensed with information I as can in as uncluttered a format as possible. The navigation of the interface is functional and fluid... (This also help ease my curiosity in becoming a UI designer).

I also placed my information along the bottom of the splash page, so that one can see my credentials or contact me while the video loads and the site images cache.

So, now what's left how I will layout the remainder of the content. Specifically on my mind, my writing section.

I'm ambitious to get some of my writing out there, too, lately. I've had a few requests over time from people that have taken interest. For as far back as I can remember, my writing, like my cartooning, has always been a very predominant part of my life.

No comments: