Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zbrush: Do I love modeling?

Yes. Which means, that I will never give up in strained efforts to try and learn this software. Being busy with easier or more fun artist things, is an excuse that is just not good enough.

Learning programs has never glued my passions to computer art, because computers are computers, technology is technology, and unless I want to continue to be left behind-- I must keep on my slow and steady race to catch up.

My newest issue: Since the last time I opened zbrush a new edition was released and the interface and some hot keys changed. So I have to backtrack to the notes I had taken on Introduction to Zbrush (by Keller) and readjust them, and then relearn what had never truly been ingrained into my system in the first place. Very frustrating.

I'm taking baby steps: Today, with the hour or two left that I have before I have to travel out, I have programed my express keys on my wacom tablet for my two tablet-centered programs of choice (Photoshop and Zbrush) am now drilling these keys into my head as if I am a program myself. I feel like a robot. If I do this everyday atleast once a day it will become second nature.

Soft of like my daily drawings. I finished the finalized illustration of Jabba last night, but cannot post him until I get the nod from my client that the design is approved and that his release to the public is permissible. Until I can get back home, though, I can't get a confirmation. In the flux of commissioned versus non-commissioned artwork I am weary and to disagreeable to sending any copies via internet.

My time drawing him was rewarding, so I feel as sense of ownership over him right now and I do look foward to posting him soon. He would make a great zbrush model!

Now, back to my zbrush trials... One day I hope to post my zbrush work on here as well. Until then, my struggle continues.

No comments: