Thursday, October 06, 2011

Forging Onward at Full Speed.

I feel more comfortable now.

My biggest gripes:
I don't know if it's because I'm reading a book that semi-outdated or because it's something that I'm doing wrong, but...

-There is no longer a noise material in the material palette. And, at that, not many materials to choose from.
-The fibers display oddly under the BEST quality render setting vs. preview settings
-Switching between sculpting on models vs. painting materials on a tool seems uncooperative (with some materials).

I'm sure it is just my hardships at being a novice and, eventually, as I progress deeper into this book, that I will figure out these inconsistencies that I'm having.

As far as undo, there is a way to undo changes (Preferences > Memory > Tool Undo), HOWEVER, you cannot undo a transformation, which has driven me absolutely bonkers in trying to complete this chapter.

However, sprinkled in the basic ideas of 2D illustrations of Zbrush.
I can say that I have learned what for, how, and why I need to be able to switch back and forth between 2D and 3D modes, and I can fully grasp the benefit of both methods, as separate elements and within unison of each other.

Now conquered, the 2D/3D confusion has always made me skeptical of Zbrush.
So, here it is. Chapter 4 of "Introducing Zbrush" by Eric Keller.



Tomorrow it is on to Chapter 5. And hopefully some drawing.
Forging onward at full speed... That's how I do it.

No comments: