Saturday, January 15, 2011

So, It's been awhile...



Things have been hectic, Things have been busy, but still nothing much has seemed to change in my life. I can't say I'm necessarily happy, and not necessarily sad. Overall I'm content with a few ticks of discontent. Sometimes I wish that things would pick up a bit more or move a little faster, but that's always been the way I operate. I keep trying to remind myself that there's no rush, but time goes by so quickly and I there's still so many things left unchecked on my to-do list.

I still feel the need to keep the world posted on what I've been up, too, as if to soothe over some guilt that you all may feel I'm lazy. Please believe, I've been working my toosh off. Always am with occasional slumps of downtime outside of my job at the airlines. Yes, next month will be a whopping 10 years in the airlines business <--- That's the epitome of time flying right there.

So, here's what been on the home front of my true passion. My art. I've decided to go with a new theme for my website versus the lame theme I started blogging about way back in 2006. Over time, I filed away ideas and inspirations of other work I had seen, including mediums outside of the presentation of an attractive website.

I found inspiration in the 3D reels of other artists, the mood and balances of digital paintings, and over exaggeration and feature of character designs... I just wanted to store away all that I could (even added some to my favorites) and thankfully I felt somewhat fulfilled by all the talents out there rather than discouraged. And now I find that I'm on the road to try and be part of that line up.

I start with the presentation right now: My new site, Carousel Science, which should be completed, skimmed of all junk coding, equipped with clean and fluid navigation, and ready for an official shout out on Facebook by the end of next week. This 3D version of personal web project of mine has been in the works since the end of the summer, but had to be put on hold a few times for some freelancing. Oddly enough, the work I've been getting of late HAS been web design. I feel that presentation, at very least, says a whole bunch of something, if it isn't looked at as being 'everything' in this day and age.




2011: I've defined more of a focus now on what I aspire to do as a career with the help of some friends I've made over the summer. I don't want to jinx myself so I will withhold from that revealing that label. In any event, I'm not quite there yet and I am welcoming all work in any medium.

Currently, my most recent venture, between the airlines and this web design, is hashing out the preliminary rounds of a web-mercial for a shower drainage system. I can't post the thumbnails or storyboards yet because I'm still in production, but will take you through my process after I wrap the project up.

I expect the project to last around 2 months or so... It is only me and I running it the way I was schooled to run it-- thumbnails, boards, animatics, model sheets and modeling, layout and placement, filling into animatic placeholders to make a previs, and then onto replacing the previs with finalized comps, postwork, sound fx, etc etc etc. (That long list of stuff ahead that I try not to think about except in broken terms and one at a time) Otherwise, it's overwhelming.

My largest trouble, I predict, will be figuring out the technicalities of the best and most time-efficient way to approach the shots in 3D. R+D, gotta love it.

Anyways, it's nice to have the time to sneak in a small comeback on here. And I really am set on keeping these post steady.

The term Carousel Science the theory that all life is a cyclic science only because without science we wouldn't have technology, and without history we wouldn't have the ability to advance technology . They are both borrowed necessities to the fundamental roots of improving the future of life.

Here are some screenshots of my revamped site of 2011:




The site is www.lisamarie.biz


I wanted a hybrid of both the natural and the mechanical, as my opinion is a close relation to our current time... A Juxtaposition, as well, motion from stills, to convey stop motion. I aimed for RAW and user friendly as possible-- (flash and Javascript free with a 600x800 center of interest).

My next steps are to finish cleaning up the remaining files, to work out iframe issues, then load up my work, and get a functioning CSS image preloader to diminish any choppiness or wait-time after loading.

If anyone would like a how-to on any component that you may like in my site, please feel free to comment and I'd be glad to assist where I can.

Thanks for reading and for being there.
It's good to be back!

No comments: