Sunday, January 30, 2011

All about Early Deliveries.

Always. I recently received (very recently actually) a very valuable piece of advice from a very close compadre. In vents my woes against the nerveracking pressures of an approaching deadline, he explained (in my intrepreted jargon) "Always overestimate the amount of time it will take, and then surprise them with an early arrival." Thank you for that.

It stuck out, though, in a way that was both useful as well as memorable...

I had my second revsion of storyboards delivered a little later than I planned in my head, but a day earlier than they were expected. I kicked myself for not meeting MY deadline beffforrree the deadline, but... am keeping this statement in mind as I await a response at the closing curtains on the day "of" the actual delivery.

Over the next few weeks, my schedule will peak for my artistic endeavors and plateau for the airlines. I have a nice break from flying after today. Always welcomed when you feel as if you want to throw the towel in on the sweatshop labor of working with no anticipated breaks in doing your laundry and repacking for a quick return to the airport versus sitting down and watching a movie with your family... That job is great when your finished ONLY. I guess, as is most?

Two weeks of freedom from the rapidfire shifts and full focus on bringing the 2D photoshop sequential set sequences into 3D life. The set needs to be constructed now, and 3D, I feel, is the best way to properly build an animatic without much heartache of angle adjustments. With repitious perpective and angle adjustments, photoshop will make me cry if I had to sit down for another massive angle revision... "If you can just pan the camera 90 degrees and shift everything to the right...?" is like asking "if the earth can rotated upside down and right side up instead of around and around...?". Completely different visuals. Ah, art.

But back to delivery... I'd rather wait, than keep someone waiting. I anticpate getting back to any and all or my personal work in the mean time, along with the occasional match on a bottle of red and a really, really good night's rest. Saying farewell to flying for a bit and hello to the gym, leisure, and all of my other loves.

No comments: