Saturday, January 13, 2007

Meant To Be This Way... (I'm sure of it)

SO, I get back from Africa, extremely motivated and inspired, but rundown, pyschologically and physically beaten, and jetlagged to the point of near death... Still, I hauled my unlively body out of my sicking matress at nine am, ran my errands, drew out a quick thumbnail or two, and picked up my labtop.

And then... figured I'd top the day off continuing on my site, figuring I'd been neglecting it the past month or so.

Until now, I fail to mention that I had both OS's on my computers customized... So, I had to reinstall everything. The problem was not that I didn't back everything up (because, genius me, I did)...

The problem is that after reinstalling everything, my website files aren't uploading onto the local server correctly. For some reason, everything's misaligned and all over the place... and, to put it short and frank, crapped-out looking. I don't know if it's because I have a new internet explorer or if it's something in my settings. It's too early in the morning to go and figure it out, but I DO know that I arranged my layout 'inline', so it shouldn't be that way (shouldn't being the key word in the sentence)...

Okay, now, THE PLAN:

So, I can salvage what's little left of the little beauty I found in my site... but I can just do as my gut was telling me from the last post I wrote--- Redesign. Make it more Dynamic. I want to throw in some flash. Make it look less generic and more stylish... So, as the header of my post "It Was Meant to Be This Way"... It's not that God hates me, I hope. :(

So, I backtrack a little. I'm going to plow through the internet after I get home from work tomorrow and look for reference; Sites of interest/inspiration and I'm going to analyze them to death, takes notes, and hopefully be able to create the masterpiece I envision. What would you do, besides start tying the knot to hang yourself? lol.

Web Design isn't really my speciality, but if I can acheive beauty out of it, than I could consider it an art... Isn't this what art's all about? Anyway, God bless all you web designers.

Enough. Well, I know I promised I'd upload the sketches I came up with, but I may wait until I get a little farther ahead with the project. With the casuality of my website it seems I may have a lot of project(s) ahead of me... Until then, thanks for bearing with me while I bitch and moan about my bad luck.

No comments: