Friday, February 02, 2007

So Here's The Plan

Tonight I figured I'd try and start the side design for my website. I've been thinking about it for weeks now. The image below is my first drawing that inspired me to become an animator. It was drawn about ten years ago, when I was in highschool and was chosen to be on the front cover of "Ozone", my school's newspaper. Felt good, especially since he looks pretty scary. lol.

Anyway, enough of it's history. But it did centralize my passion in both character design and animation. I drew my side view soon afterward and it's all down a crumbling-starving-artist hill from there. :)



(Here's Clown's side image)




...So... The Clouds...




**This is just a quick test I did tonight. Not the final version**

That's sort of the stlye I'm going for in the side image of my sight, but fluffier. The edges of the clouds are a little too sharp. But I'm going to use these clouds with the stars connected by cords. The stars will be golden and sparkling.

Upon opening the page the stars will swing from right to left and point toward the main menu, releasing a golden pixie dust across the background...

In the end it will take longer piecing apart the clown drawing than just drawing the clouds over again in the layout I want... So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to head back to the drawing board-- literally speaking)

So I'm undecided if I should work in solely Photoshop. Or if I should model everything in 3D then bring the render into Photoshop. I think I'd like the latter, because the dimensions would be real and the shadows would be real. I'm thinking of going for a very subtle greenish lighting (undecided on that, too). But I do know I want the stars to look embossed like heavy plates of gold. So, I'll probably model them out in 3D and if things aren't looking as planned, I'll use Photoshop as the alternative.

The side image will set the tone of the rest of the page (buttons, blocks, and so on), so I have to get this done first.

So, my course of action for the next week, while I work on 'digifying' Billy's designs. It feels like that would be a lot time but at the same time a week seems short right now.

On that note, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at twelve, so I'm off to struggle into resting mode and hopefully brianstorm myself to unconsciousness.

No comments: