Saturday, February 17, 2007

In the Midst of a Busy Schedule...

So the break is over. I've decided the best course of action to be most effective with putting the right attention on my artwork, would be a work in chunks... To bid two weeks on the 'real' job and two weeks off the real job. This will allow the proper focus my work deserves. These last to weeks, besides some much-needed life-breaks, were really beneficial. And I'd like to keep up with the pace I was on.

My schedule for the next two and a half weeks will be overloaded with my real job. Although, it's kind of depressing, I guess I was ready to get back to work. Today marks my sixth year at my job. Six longs years at that company. Went by fast.

So I'm bidding my schedule for March accordingly. First two weeks on, last couple weeks off. And I'll condense that time off with the begining of April, so I could have even more of a gap of time off. Hopefully it will work out.

In any event, I'm on Cloud #5. Finished Cloud #4 tonight. I have two more clouds to go, after #5. Then, it's off to touch them up so they look identical to one another. And to quad-check them, so that I'll be able to export them into another application for further detail.

Once I finished the hashed-out design, I'll export it to Photoshop and get the scaling of the image right so that it fits correctly with the site. That way I'll know how much background I'll need without distorting the image. And from there, I can add the other background designs I had in mind....

Then, to texture. Then, animate.

Sounds like a lot of work. But when I think about it, if I had more time, it wouldn't be.... What to do? Oh well. Have to make money.

So, in the middle of a ran-sack weeks, while stuck on the plane, I can't really do much computer-wise. So, I plan on using that time to catch up on my magazines, learn some more, and fill up my sketch book with more poses of Billy. And start some new gestures with another old character I've been meaning to get to.

I've been itching to write to my screenplays lately, too. I don't know when I'll find the time to concentrate on that, but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

It's been hard focusing on one thing; more effort than actually working on that one thing... I'm surpised at myself for keeping on track this far, but I guess the drive is has been more overbearing then everything else.

Where, though, has my life gone? Friday night, and I have to be up in four hours for a sixteen hour work day... Back in the day, I would have been taking my chances oversleeping for work on a night out at the bar. Now, I take my chances oversleeping on a night over my computer. Yes, I've turned into a 26-year old geek, and I love it.

Man, I can use a drink, though. On that note.... :) Good night.

No comments: