Sunday, January 12, 2014

In a World Where Triangles Can be Okay!

Been working on this one for a while...  It is not based off of a concept of my own, so I'm afraid I cannot post the reference image without permission.  He is still a work in progress as I am building him to be 'game-ready'.  I made the decision to take my time on this one, as I wasn't sure rushing through such an intensive process as learning how to model characters for games was the right choice for me.  I' rather get it right, so that I will know for the next time...
 

So, here he is so far.
Most of my trouble has been understanding how normal maps work.  And I have been doing extensive research on the subject of gaming topology and normal maps all around. 


I am also in the middle of another sculpt, which I am hoping to be done with over the next couple days....  In 2014, I'd aim for doing one sculpt a week if possible-- not necessarily for gaming but for any type of 3D work.  I am also planning on getting around to the modeling list that the Industry Warrior gave me in order to put together a nice 2014 reel (texture work included) and hopefully land me a fitting job somewhere.....





 

No comments: