Friday, June 15, 2012

Reincarnating Medusa.

I opted out from taking a shot at zbrush on Insanity, as I originally planned.  I figured I'd brush up of my zbrushing by doing the step by step page flip of Chapter 6 constructing medusa and her snake heads from scratch. 

As my Uncle once said in regards to my love for cooking-- Always follow a recipe down to the detail the first time around so you know exactly what to expect from its outcome before adapting it the second time around.

Here was the final result.



I'm now completely comfortable with subtools, basic retopology, masking, and I am learning which brushes I enjoy using in the process.  I feel confident enough to work on my own character now. 

In this time I was also able to get some valuable feedback to my character's model as well that will help to achieve proper functionality if I decide to rig him for animation later on. 

No comments: