Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What drives you?

I don't know sometimes... Holding onto the confidence to continue onward with your dreams is tough sometimes when you don't have a motivational push outside of yourself. Only once in awhile its needed-- in the most difficult of times. Usually those times when you are rearing the hardest areas of work, the tightest marks of time, and you only find the silent ambiance humming deep beyond the echoes of your thoughts.

The breaks? How are they filled?
So I keep questioning where my drive comes from. Is it in the appreciation of quality time after basking in small accomplishments of the working hours? Is it in the simple things like friends, or rather, family. Your support system-- those of unending faith in your achievements when really you feel like you need to be dusted off?

Does the drive come from those much-needed breaks, stemmed from everything outside of where the drive really should be invested?

It's been a couple months on this project. A long couple of months... Enough to place some jpgs of my 1st draft of boards that I crafted way back. This will start to give you an idea of exactly how much the project changed between then and now.

Take Heed-- 12 Pages: I would have done clickable thumbnails or a downloadable .pdf, but I don't have the time to customize right now.... so, here it is, in all its obnoxious bliss.

























The boards have changed a lot since then. And the project has scaled by triple the amount of work. I have another week to complete the basics of majority of these adaptations for its original deadline which would be a small spot at an expo, and even more time to finesse the piece in its entirely-- ultimately for a demostration for the product and its website.

In my eyes, it still needs a lot of work. But it has indeed come a long way. And I can't wait to finalize it, send it off with some blessings, and move on to other work.

As far as my website. I'lve finished the tattoo page and my character pages, mostly all of my 2D section. My next step is to load my Cell Animation and to add the links to my Character Developments.

Here is a shot of the Tattoo page:



My next free moment, the dedication will be to the above!

No comments: